Q. Is hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19?
A. Hand sanitizers are an alternative measures to hand washing. The best way to prevent the spread of infections and decrease the risk of getting sick is by washing your hands with plain soap and water, advises the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 30 seconds is essential, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after coughing, sneezing, or blowing one’s nose. If soap and water are not available, CDC recommends consumers use an alcohol-based hand cleansers that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Like all hand sanitizers, these products are not to be ingested and should be kept out of reach of children. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers must carry/include the following warnings on the label:
- For external use only.
- When using this product avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Stop use and ask/consult a doctor/physician/health care practitioner/health care provider/health care professional if irritation develops.
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, call a poison control centre or get medical help right away.
- Flammability warning: Keep away from open flame and sources of heat.
Q. How to find out which antiseptic skin cleansers or hand sanitizers meet Health Canada’s requirements?
- Locate the Natural Product Number (NPN) or Drug Identification Number (DIN) on the product label
- Look for that number on the hand sanitizers list
Impressive Climate Control is committed to prevention and fight against COVID-19 Virus spread and infection. Our store offers curbside pick up for local customers. You can order in bulk by inquiring via email.