NU-AIR WINDSOR SERIES NU205 HRV
NU-AIR WINDSOR SERIES NU205 SPECIFICATIONS:
- Furnace interlock options: commands furnace blower when HRV is on or only on high speed
- Intelligent Defrost: duration and interval adjust to outdoor conditions below -5º C (23º F).
- 24 V circuit protection with self resetting fuse.
- Defrost: When outdoor temperature falls to -5º C (23º F), an automatic timed defrost cycle is initiated. The fresh air motor will go to high speed and the exhaust air motor will turn off. A damper will shut off the cold supply port, directing ambient air through the core for defrosting. The unit will resume normal operation for a fixed duration, then the processor will read outdoor temperature and initiate defrost as necessary.
What is an Air Exchanger?
An Air Exchanger otherwise known as an HRV (Heat Recovery Ventilator) or an ERV (Energy Recovery Ventilator), is a whole house mechanical ventilation system. It is typically connected to your existing furnace return duct and contains two high-efficiency motors. The supply motor draws fresh air in from the outside while the exhaust motor pushes stale indoor contaminated air outside. The two airstreams never mix when passing through the HRV or ERV cores.
Benefits of Air Exchangers:
- Bring a continuous supply of fresh outside air into your
- Exhaust environmental contaminants for improved indoor air quality.
- Save energy in the winter by recovering heat from exhaust air.
- Save energy in the summer by recovering cool indoor air from exhaust air.
- Help prevent mould and mildew.
- Help minimize odours and cooking residue.
- Can reduce harmful Radon Gas levels where active soil depressurization is unlikely to be successful.