Navien NHB-80 Condensing Gas Heating Boiler
- Super condensing efficiency
- Dual stainless steel heat exchangers
- SCH40, 2” PVC venting up to 60’
- ½” Gas pipe up to 24’
- TDR up to 10:1
- integrated controls
Navien NHB-80 Condensing Gas Heating Boiler Features
Ultra Condensing Efficiency
- Navien’s Condensing Technology offers the high efficiency.
- Money and energy savings over other boilers and traditional water heaters.
Two Stainless Steel Heat Exchangers
- Provides longer life expectancy as they are highly resistant to corrosion and erosion compared to copper heat exchangers.
- Reduces minerals deposits.
Low NOx Emissions (≤ 20ppm)
- New metal fiber burner is designed to deliver a consistent air/gas mixture improving combustion efficiency.
- Results in less acid rain and less green house effect.
- Complies with SCAQMD 1146.2 strict NOx emissions standard.
2” PVC, CPVC, Polyprophylene Venting Up To 60’
- 2” venting option allows for a flue to be pulled through the existing vent.
- 3” vents can be used up to 150’ with standard 2” x 3” adapters.
Utilizes Existing 1/2″ Gas Line
- The Negative Pressure Gas Valve and fan with dual venturi operation allows for better adaptability to low gas pressure situations.
- Makes it possible for the NHB to be installed with ½” gas lines up to 24’.
- NHB models allow for easy convertibility from NG to LP.
Hydronic Heating Benefits
- Clean / Silent / Comfort / Economical
Powerful Anti-Freeze Feature
- The Boiler’s built-in Control System is designed to keep the unit’s plumbing frost free in winter conditions.
TDR up to 10:1
- Navien’s NHB series has a TDR up to 10:1 that helps eliminate short cycling
Data Field NHB-80 Dimensions 24in. (H) x 17in. (W) x 12in. (D) Weight 73 lb (33 kg) Installation Type Indoor Wall-Hung Venting Type Forced Draft Direct Vent Ignition Electronic Ignition Natural Gas Supply Pressure (from source) 3.5 in.–10.5 in. WC Propane Gas Supply Pressure (from source) 8.0 in.–13.5 in. WC Natural Gas Manifold Pressure -0.08 in. WC Propane Gas Manifold Pressure -0.07 in. WC Gas Connection Size 3/4 in. NPT (female) Power Supply Main Supply 120V AC, 60Hz Maximum Power Consumption Less than 10A Materials Casing Cold-rolled carbon steel Heat Exchangers Primary and Secondary: Stainless Steel Venting Exhaust 2 in. or 3 in. PVC, CPVC, approved polypropylene* 2 in. or 3 in. Special Gas Vent Type BH (Class III, A/B/C) Intake 2 in. or 3 in. PVC, CPVC, polypropylene 2 in. or 3 in. Special Gas Vent Type BH (Class III, A/B/C) Vent Clearance 0 in. to combustibles Safety Devices Flame Rod, APS, Gas Valve Operation Detector, Ignition Operation Detector Water Temperature High Limit Switch, Exhaust Temperature High Limit Sensor