Fantech DM3000P Air Cleaner – TRUE HEPA (Duct-Mount)
Model NO.: DM3000P , Fantech TRUE HEPA Air Cleaner.
Fantech True HEPA Whole-Home Air Cleaner
( Model DM3000P – Duct Mount Model )
( Model CM3000 – Collar Mount Model )
The fantech HEPA Air Cleaner is specifically designed to be connected to the cold air return of a residential HVAC system (gas furnace / air handler).
With a powerful built-in motor running at 240 CFM, the fantech HEPA Air Cleaner will destroy chemical and biological contaminants, as well as odours throughout your home.
Note1:The model DM3000P includes a differential pressure switch. As air flow is detected, the DM3000P will automatically turn ON. When air flow is not detected, it will automatically turn OFF.
Note2: The model CM3000 does not include a differential pressure switch. It will only run in continuous mode.
IMPORTANT: Must be wired to 120 volts constant power.
Fantech DM3000P Installation Instructions
- Materials Furnished: One fantech DM3000P duct-mount Air Cleaner. One HEPA filter (40193), one prefilter & one carbon filter (40195), 5ft power cable, metal furnace mounting plate, qty.14 self tapping sheet metal screws, qty. 4 housing cabinet screws, clear plastic tubing and grommet used for pressure switch, paper mounting template, instructions.
- Materials NOT Furnished: 120 volt power extension cable (if required)
- Tools Required: Electric drill, tin snips, eye protection, safety gloves, tape measure, marker, level, philips screwdriver.
- Carefully inspect the HEPA Air Cleaner for any damage.
- Remove the HEPA and prefilters and set aside.
- Determine optimal mounting location within your cold air return plenum.
- Ensure a minimum width of 16” and a vertical length of 26”.
- Temporarily attach the included paper template with tape to the desired location of the return air duct wall. Ensure the template is level.
- Cut both rectangular holes as per template.
- Screw metal mounting plate on to furnace duct with provided sheet metal screws.
- Fully bend all 6 metal tabs completely back into the duct opening (3 tabs per opening).
- Ensure the 4” negative static pressure tube from the pressure switch is fully inserted into the cold air return duct with no obstructions.
- Attach the unit to the mounting plate with 4 screws provided in the kit.
- Drill a 5/16” diameter hole in the duct wall of the supply plenum (hot air side).
- CAUTION: Drill hole a minimum of 8” from your AC COIL located in your supply plenum.
- Carefully install the black rubber grommet into the hole.
- Measure a distance of ½” from one end of the plastic tube, mark line with marker.
- Slide this end of the tubing through the centre of the grommet up to the ½” mark.
- Securely connect the other end of the tubing to the positive pressure of the differential pressure switch (black coupling located at the bottom of the unit).
- Install the HEPA and prefilters as per airflow indicated within instructions.
- Switch the rocker switch to “STANDBY” or “CONTINUOUS” modes.
- Connect to 120 volt constant power.
- The HEPA Air Cleaner is now fully functional.
- Replace both prefilters (40195) every 3-6 months or as needed.
- Replace the HEPA filter(40193) every 1-2 Years as needed.
|Dimensions and weights|